- Government Skills Australia maintains and hosts this web site, which is located at the URL careergov.com.au. Any reference to "we" or "us" in this Privacy Statement refers to Government Skills Australia.
- The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to explain how we temporarily collect personal information about you, and how we might use, disclose and deal with that personal information.
2. Collection of personal information
- By using the Site you are providing personal information to us.
- All personal information is collected and stored for the duration of the session only. We will not store any information about you once you have completed the program.
- Session definition:
There are 3 ways in which we may collect your personal information. These are explained below:
a. User Name
- In order to access reports from this Site, you will need to enter your name and select the State in which you live.
- For privacy reasons, we encourage you to enter your first name only. That way, it will be difficult to identify who you are.
b. E-mails and Electronic Forms
- You may decide to provide us with your email address. If you do have an email address that might identify who you are, (for example where your email address contains your name and where you work), remember that this is personal information when you are sending us emails or providing your email address to us.
c. Clickstream Data & Cookies
- When you visit this Site our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- your server address
- your domain name
- the time and date of your visit to the Site
- the pages and documents you have accessed or viewed
- the type of browser you are using
- Generally, but not always, this information will identify the internet connection you are using, rather than identifying you.
3. How we use your personal information
- We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which you provided it to us, and as outlined in this section.
- The principal purpose for which your personal information will be used by us is to assist you with your career matching & planning and to provide you with a customised report that we consider may be of assistance to you. If all or any part of the information requested from you is not supplied our advice or information may be of limited assistance to you.
- We may use, reproduce, adapt, or retrieve your personal information for statistical purposes (e.g. to calculate how many people are using the Site). These statistics may be published, but not in a way which will identify any individual.
4. Recipient of your personal information
- The intended recipient of your personal information is Government Skills Australia, which is the organisation that is collecting the information and that will hold the information for the duration of the session and for the purposes of the Privacy Act.
- Any information retained is not personally identifiable and is only used for statistical purposes.
- You may contact us at the following address:
Government Skills Australia
Level 2, 47 - 49 Waymouth Street
Adelaide, SA 5049
5. How we disclose your information
- We will not disclose your personal information, other than as outlined at section 3 above, to any other person without your consent unless authorised or required by law.
6. Storage and Security of your Personal Information
- We will not hold your personal information.
- This Site does not, however, provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of personal information via the Internet.
- You should also note that if you link to another website from this Site, a different privacy and security statement is likely to apply. Therefore, once you leave this Site, you should check the online privacy and security statements of the new website.
- Please be aware that you should also protect the security of information you provide to this Site during your session.
7. Changes to this privacy statement
- We may make changes to this privacy statement from time to time, so you should check it each time you visit this Site.